Monday, May 25, 2009

Babbacombe

Dived in a three with Derek and Lucy. Once Lucy's bouyancy was sorted (needed a little extra weight), we had a very smooth dive. We went out from the beach, and it wasn't long before I spotted a pair of cuttlefish on a bit of reef. I got Derek and Lucy over and fortunately managed to find the cuttlefish again. We watched for a while and got a few pictures.

Later, out over the silty sand, I spotted the anchor (vis was 4-5m) and we had a look at that. Derek went up the line to check location. As the silt cleared I looked for scorpion spider crabs - but couldn't see any this time. Lucy found a long legged spider crab out on the sand. On we went (I think we did bit of a circle) and Lucy found a well camouflaged topknot resting on lump of concrete. Out the water after 70-something minutes, and we stopped at the café for a sausage and egg baguette.

No comments: